On May 17th after four hours in the car, where we seemed to be functioning on adrenaline, Egg McMuffins, and coffee, we were finally home. Much to our surprise we were greeted by my parents, sister and brother-in-law, our niece, and our next door neighbor! They'd set up camp in the front yard and greeted us as we got out of the car with Maya. I have to say they were very good about the cocooning rules. Nobody touched Maya but Mark and I and they only stayed a short while outside of the house before leaving. After 30 hours of travel, Maya was in exceptionally good spirits. Truth be told, so were we.



4 comments:
Ok this may be a dumb question, but what are cocooning rules? My email is joejenaz@yahoo.com
Jena, not a dumb question at all! I suppose it sounded more official than it really is. I should clarify that these were our "rules", not anything that was agency required. If you take a look at the April 11th post titled "Cocooning", I explain what we decided we would do in regard to limiting our daughter's contact with others beside Mark and I once we returned home.
I would like to point out that all the relatives have been VERY good about following these (dumb) rules, but we're all getting pretty sick of it and are ready to pick up this little sweet pea and hug the daylights out of her. :o)
What a sweet welcome home!
Post a Comment