Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The People We've Met

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

I like this quote.  Mark and I think it's important that people get to know one another.  Human beings can learn a great deal from one another, sometimes when we least expect it.  This doesn't mean you have to travel half way around the world.  It can happen anywhere, at any time, with anyone so long as we allow it.

Next, we'll share some photos from our homecoming and of Maya since we've been home.    

   

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That's a great quote. Travel has definitely opened my eyes to other people in the world in life-changing ways.

Andy said...

It is my first look at your blog. I love it! God has blessed you with this little treasure, and He will continue to heap blessings on you both as she grows.